Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Mets Love Me...And You...And You...And You...And Anyone Else Who Can Fill Out An Online Form

It's official guys: The Mets love me!  And if you go to this web page, they will love you too!

Those loveable bastards over at Mets marketing have done it again.  They've created another super cheesy, chose-your-own-adventure type video where the Mets "personally" thank you for being their 10th man and take you on an adventure to get back all the McNuggets.


A funny thing happened on the way to hating this one though, I was actually quite charmed by it.  This current mix of Mets is actually quite likeable and the guys in the video are all clearly having fun with it.  Even Carlos Beltran comes off as warm and approachable, although I must admit, the idea of Beltran's mother walking around Puerto Rico in a t-shirt that says "Randy Medina MVP" is both equal parts disturbing and awesome.

So because I found it mostly harmless, and because I would love to see an outtakes reel one day, I'm gonna give the Mets a pass on this one and resist the urge to type Adolph Hitler as my name and watch Beltran and Wright confess to both sending fan mail to Hitler. 

It's nice to feel loved by my favorite team now and then.  Though if they really want me to feel loved they would let plan holders park closer to the stadium instead of reserving spots for people who aren't coming.  But I guess you can't win them all.

1 comment:

  1. I got a big kick out of the 10th man video - thought it was really fun. (However, after reading your post I do kinda want to go back and type in Lord Voldemort or something.) However, except for Daniel Murphy who at least smiled and looked happy, I think they forgot to inform the other guys in today's St. Patrick's greeting, that St. Patrick's Day is one of the happiest, most cheerful holidays of the year.

    ReplyDelete

This Month's Most Popular

All Time Most Popular