Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Jason Bay Rips Carlos Beltran For Selfishly Stealing His Grand Slam Thunder


Jason Bay was riding high last night...for one inning.  Bay had just ended the Mets two year long grand slam-less streak and was the hero of the moment.  Then a selfish teammate stepped up and effortlessly belted another slam.  Bay's moment in the sun was over. The spotlight ripped away from him by the game's most selfish player, Carlos Beltran.

After the game, Bay did not pull any punches.  "I bust my butt out there to try and get these fans to like me and this guy can't let me have 5 (bleep)ing minutes in the spotlight.", Bay told reporters after the Mets lopsided victory over the Tigers. "I had heard rumors that he was selfish but now I see how selfish this guy really is."

An agitated Bay then took a swipe at the Mets right fielder.  Bay asked, "Where was that grand slam in '06?", which immediately drew groans from the assembled media. Bay simply replied. "What? Too soon?"

As for Beltran, he seems to be taking it all in stride.  "I play my game and I don't care if it bothers anybody.", Beltran told reporters. "What team does this Bay guy play for anyway?"

When a reporter answered the Mets, Beltran genuinely seemed confused.  "Really? Why have I never heard of him?"

All articles featured on The Apple are fictitious. No Mets were harmed in the writing of this story. Follow me on Twitter @readtheapple

1 comment:

  1. First thing I thought of when I read the title was Greg Pomes constantly saying Beltran is selfish...great stuff

    ReplyDelete

This Month's Most Popular

All Time Most Popular