Monday, January 9, 2012

1986 Mets A Year To Remember: The DVD That Doesn't Exist...Or Does It?

Matt Callan over at Amazin' Avenue had a stellar post this morning about the 60 minutes of awesomeness that was the "1986 Mets: A Year To Remember" VHS.  As a kid I watched this video over and over again.  The only other things that came close were the Baseball: Funny Side Up VHS that my mom got me from AVON and the copy of the movie Iron Eagle that my dad taped off of HBO.

Much like Matt, I lamented the lack of a DVD of this masterpiece of 80's chest-thumping as I got older and VCR's became harder to come by. However, about 2 years ago I took matters into my own hands and created my own DVD version.  Since it's just for my personal use I assume it's all nice and legal.  Just for fun I updated the visuals and dressed up the packaging.  Finally, just to be a smart-ass, I even added an MLB hologram.  Check out the pics below:



Anybody else make their own copy of the 1986 Mets video?  Send me your pics on Twitter @readtheapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Month's Most Popular

All Time Most Popular