Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sandy Alderson Rips Into Mets Fans At Season Ticket Holder Event

Yesterday, with the team away in Miami, the Mets held a meet and greet where some season ticket holders got the opportunity to meet with Sandy Alderson. 

With the MLB trade deadline looming, many of the fans questions predictably centered around the Mets GM's plans to improve the team in the next 24 hours. 

For the most part, Alderson handled himself well but after about the 17th question about Marlon Byrd, he finally became unhinged and angrily chastised the group:

"You know, before I answer any more questions there's something I wanted to say. Having received all your letters over these last couple of  years, and I've spoken to many of you, and some of you travel... y'know... hundreds of miles to attend games here, I'd just like to say... GET A LIFE, will you people?
I mean, for crying out loud, it's Marlon Byrd! I mean, do you honestly believe that he, or anyone else we'd get in return for him, is the key to this team's success in the future. We have no money! 
You've turned an enjoyable little job, that I figured I'd do as a lark for a few years, into a COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!
There's a whole world out there! When I was your age, I wasn't on Twitter obsessing over a baseball team! I LIVED!
So... move out of your parent's basements, get your own apartments, and GROW THE HELL UP! 
I mean, it's just baseball, dammit! IT'S JUST BASEBALL!"
Alderson stormed off while the season ticket holders were quickly whisked away to another room where they were offered complimentary Pepsi and steak sandwiches.


All articles featured on The Apple are fictitious. Obviously Sandy Alderson never said this. No Mets were harmed in the writing of this story. Follow me on Twitter @readtheapple

Buy New York Mets Tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Month's Most Popular

All Time Most Popular