Sunday, July 14, 2013

Matt Harvey Wants To Start The All-Star Game...In The Nude

While it's no surprise that Matt Harvey wants to be the starting pitcher for the National League at the All-Star Game at Citi Field on Tuesday, the Mets ace raised some eyebrows while talking to reporters before the team's game against the Pirates on Saturday night.  Harvey, of body issue fame, stated his desire to pitch the game in the nude.

"This whole body issue thing has opened a lot of new doors for me.", said Harvey. "Starting the All-Star game is great and everything, but if I go out there naked I'll make history."

Harvey believes that he can provide the big moment that the Citi Field faithful are waiting for.

"The no-hitter was nice, but people will be telling their kids about the night they went to Citi and saw a Mets pitcher take the mound with his junk hanging out forever."

As for the man in charge of the National League squad? Bruce Bochy seems unfazed by the request.

"I guess it would be historic.", said Bochy. "But I spend half of my season in San Francisco. A naked pitcher doesn't even crack the top 10 list of weird stuff I've seen this week."

All articles featured on The Apple are fictitious. No Mets were harmed in the writing of this story. Follow me on Twitter @readtheapple.

Buy New York Mets Tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Month's Most Popular

All Time Most Popular