Friday, August 23, 2013

Dice-K: I Only Signed With Mets So I Could Meet Third Eye Blind

On Thursday, the Mets signed Daisuke "Dice-K" Matsuzaka, but don't go getting any ideas about the veteran right-hander contributing beyond this season.  Matsuzaka told reporters today he signed with the Mets for one reason only.

"I want to meet Third Eye Blind.", Matsuzaka told reporters at Citi Field. "I have been a fan for a long time and I am looking forward to seeing them play tomorrow."

When asked about whether starting tonight's game will interfere with his enjoyment of the concert, Dice-K was not concerned.

"I told Terry I'm only going 5 innings so I can shower and be ready in time for the concert."

As for his plans for 2014?

"I probably will sign with another team, but maybe if the Mets get Sugar Ray..."

All articles featured on The Apple are fictitious. No Mets were harmed in the writing of this story. Follow me on Twitter @readtheapple.

Buy New York Mets Tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Month's Most Popular

All Time Most Popular