Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cheers To The Mets Winter Coat Drive / Charity Work

I poke a lot of fun at the Metropolitans here at The Apple but in the spirit of the season I wanted to take a minute and say "good job" to the Mets organization on all their recent charity work including today's coat drive.  The Mets have always been involved in the community and while we may not always be happy with their on-field performance, I think it's safe to say that we can all agree the Mets do a great job off the field where charity is concerned.

While it's easy to focus on ownership or overpaid lefty starters, we sometimes forget that there is an army of regular people who work behind the scenes on events like today's.  So for at least this one day I want to say thank you to the team I love for all you do for great organizations like City Harvest and New York Cares.  I only wish I had a hundred coats to give.

And just to clarify, as I will no doubt be accused of being brainwashed by the Mets, I am not being bribed by the Mets to say this.  I am not one of the Mets chosen bloggers who gets invited to holiday parties and conference calls.  I just figured since I spend the other 364 days making jokes about the Mets why not take one to give them some credit.

Tomorrow the jokes begin again.

2 comments:

  1. Is that Jason Bay picture at the table? Is he auditioning to moonlight as an accountant for the Mets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of their "No LF Left Behind" program. Seriously though it was just another one of the Mets friendly employees.

    ReplyDelete

This Month's Most Popular

All Time Most Popular