Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Feds Question Reyes About Bogus Spanish Academy


Just when things were starting to look up for Jose Reyes on the field, a new scandal off the field could put the young shortstops season in jeopardy. This morning Jose was questioned by the feds in regards to his "Professor Reyes Spanish Academy".

The problem appears to be stemming from a growing number of people coming forward alleging that Professor Reyes took their money and taught them little to no Spanish. Jeff F. from Flushing, NY says he one of those taken by the scam. "I had just moved here from Atlanta and I get this thing on my windshield saying I can learn Spanish. I'm thinking why not?", says Jeff. "Well I started to get suspicious after 4 weeks when all I knew how to say in Spanish was helmet, apple & fly ball. I don't think this guy is an actual professor."

Whether or not Jose Reyes is an accredited professor is at the heart of the investigation says federal agent Roger Sisk of the local fraud division. "We immediately looked into his qualifications and found almost nothing.", says Sisk. "In fact, all we could find is what we are pretty sure is a bogus diploma from someplace called the University of Feenicks. We're checking into whether such a school exists but we highly doubt it. Especially when you consider that it is signed by David Wright."

The Apple caught up with Wright earlier today and he was reluctant to comment but he did tell us this. "Jo-see comes up to me at BP one day and says can you sign this. I figured it's for his nephew or something so why wouldn't I. Next thing you know I am involved in this. I really can't say any more about it."

If found guilty, Reyes could face up to 3 years in prison though as a first time offender he would most likely get off with a large fine and a slap on the wrist. Reyes maintains that he has done nothing wrong and in a statement released earlier today, the shortstop reiterated:

"At my Spanish Academy, learning is fun and easy."

All articles featured on The Apple are fictitious. No Mets were harmed in the writing of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Month's Most Popular

All Time Most Popular