Monday, April 30, 2012

Lil Murph's Diary: Jose's Return and Two Guys Named Stanton?



Dear Diary,

Well it's been a weird couple of days here in Mets-land so I figured I would catch you up on what's happening.


Monday was a day where the team leaked the fact that SOMEONE was going onto the DL but didn't say who it was going to be.  I spent a couple of hours thinking that it must be me.  But since I wasn't sick or hurting I figured maybe it was someone else.   It turned out to be Ronnie Cedeno.  And while I don't want any of my buds on the team to be hurt - between you, me. and the lamppost - Ronnie doesn't do much of anything on the team anyway.

Oh, yeah. Then we went on to lose a doubleheader to the Giants.  I'm not much of a fan of losing so losing twice in one day kinda sucks.  We either have to start winning more games or at least stay away from playing doubleheaders.

Then on Tuesday the Marlins came to town.  That's the team that recently moved from Florida to Miami.  I was never all that great in geography so I don't really know how that happened.   But guess who came in with them?  If you guessed our old friend Jose Reyes then you'd be right.

It was good to see Jose even though he refused to do that wicked handshake with me that we used to do in the old days when he was with us.  I guess he didn't want me to have luck.   It was fortunate during the game that I didn't have to make any throws to second base on account of the fact I probably would have flipped the ball towards Jose just out of habit.  And that would have been embarassing, right?

Another odd thing about the Marlins this year is that they used to have that great power guy Mike Stanton playing in RF.  That dude could really hit.  Now it's some guy name John Carlo or GianCarlo who's playing there.  He looks kinda like Stanton but this guy hasn't even hit a homer yet (I checked the scoreboard).

And then there's all these guys going to the DL.  On Tuesday we lost JayBay (he cracked a rib missing a flyball in the outfield) and Pelfrey to the list.  Pelf's elbow wasn't used to pitching good so it kind of broke.  He may be gone for a good long time.  That sucks for him and aint too great for the rest of us either.

We Mets players do have a tough time staying healthy.  Maybe the only luck we're having is that the guys who are going down now haven't been all that productive.  The fans don't seem to mind their absence all that much and seemed to like the guys who are coming up from Buffalo more - sight unseen.






All articles featured on The Apple are fictitious. No Mets were harmed in the writing of this story. Story by Larry Smith.  You can follow Larry Smith on twitter @dr4sight

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Month's Most Popular

All Time Most Popular