Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mets In Talks With The Apple About Sponsorship Deal For New Seating Area

So yesterday I was minding my own business trying to enjoy my Halloween when my Twitter started blowing up with messages that basically said, "The Mets took your ideas.", "Congrats on re-designing Citi Field." and the one that made me cringe "Thank you for getting us blue walls."  Apparently, the Mets had announced new dimensions and people were congratulating me for some reason.

Had I really helped bring about the blue walls I so vehemently argued against?

No, of course not.  Sure I posted some renderings that got into the NY Times (shameless self promotion) but my ideas weren't all that hard to come up with.  Surely, I can't take credit for it...or could I.  This is America after all, where a Kardashian can become a star by merely getting peed on by Brandy's brother.  Maybe it's my turn to get peed on...err I mean be a star.

So I picked up the phone and called Josh my ticket rep.  For some reason I couldn't get a hold of him but I did get someone in the marketing department.  Long story short, the Mets acknowledged that they did in fact get their ideas from The Apple and we are working on a compensation deal.

The Mets are thinking something like a couple of free tickets while I am thinking something like this:

Maybe we can meet in the middle. Stay tuned.

All articles featured on The Apple are fictitious. No Mets were harmed in the writing of this story. Follow me on Twitter @readtheapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Month's Most Popular

All Time Most Popular